Tuesday, April 6, 2010

9021Ouch


I don't know what it is about warm, damp climates, but every time I return from one I bring back zits. I'm talking huge buggers, zits so big they have their own zip code. I got back from the Caribbean cruise with one on my forehead, right between my eyes. The darn thing is so big I have to count it on the census form we got in the mail, the second one. The government must have heard about the zit from customs and decided they'd better send me another form. It might be a good time to consider bangs.

I'm feeling just the tiniest bit guilty about yesterday's post. You see, I might have been a little deceptive. The switcheroo bag woman was NOT wearing parachute pants, but she IS AssHat for not apologizing for taking my bag, so I'm fairly certain she is the type of person who wears parachute pants. I really should have gone through her bag while I had the chance, so I could confirm my suspicions. And I don't wear butt floss. Yes, I am partial to Hanky Panky underwear, but not the stuff you end up digging out of your butt cleavage all day long. TMI? Yes, but at least I have a clear conscience now.

As promised, here's a couple of photos of the cotton tank I finished while on vacation. It's the Essential Tank from Custom Knits, by Wendy Bernard. I changed the rib pattern in the front to a pattern stitch from Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge--the right twist rib. I am in love with that pattern stitch but I seriously need to move on. Too much of a good thing, etc., etc. The yarn is Cascade Cotton Rich DK. Cross your fingers that it blocks out the way I'm hoping. The hem is just a little too rollie-pollie for my tastes and I don't want to do a finished hem. On the other hand, I don't need the darn thing rolling up to my armpits either. Also, I have good news concerning cameras, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.




*Linky to the cartoon Funny stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...