Thursday, April 1, 2010

Georgetown, the Caymans

If you get away from the commercial tourist traps, Georgetown is rather nice, but even the main drag has it's plusses. Right now, I'm at a coffee shop with free wifi and spotless restrooms. Awesome!

I found a local flea market that had several vendors with lots of crocheted things--bags, tops, toys, and hats. It was mostly rough cotton that I think had some other fiber in it, maybe hemp. Not really anything you'd want next to your skin, but good workmanship. I didn't see any knitting.

The trouble with these driveby cruise stops is that you don't have enough time to really get to know the area, but you can get an idea of whether or not you'd like to come back for a longer stay. I think I would like to see more of the Caymans. People are very nice here and it's a diverse population.

This is our last stop before we head back. Tomorrow, we will be at sea the whole day. I love the sea days--I find a quiet sunny spot to knit and read the day away. It's all I could want. The food is very good and our table companions are friendly and interesting. Maybe some day
I'll get to take a knitting cruise. THAT would be fabulous!

I'll post photos when I get home on Saturday. It's been relaxing but I'm always glad to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...