Friday, April 22, 2011

Crazy, Sexy Knitting


This is the first 1% of the lace edging of Jared Flood's Rock Island Shawl. Yes, you read that correctly. Good thing I really, really, really love my new Signature circular needles. I'll pause here so you can drool jealously all over your keyboards.

The yarn--Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock--is dark and inky and gorgeous. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do at night but that's why I work on multiple projects at once. The pattern is challenging but fun--challenging in the fact that I am going to be knitting on that lace edging FOREVER. But the good news is once that's finished it should be like a hot knife through butter.

And for everyone who wanted to know about the needles--they are worth every cent, I'm sorry to say. The stiletto tips are fantastic for getting into those tight situations like a YO/K2tog combo, and the shafts have just the right amount of grab. Sexy! And don't get me started on the swiveling, soft cord.

Here's a Friday shout-out to beckyknitstoo, for inspiring me to get outside and work on my own tiny planter garden. It consists of a clematis and three lavender plants, one of which doesn't seem to get enough sun and stays puny. It will probably be moved and replaced with something that doesn't mind shade. If the weather isn't too crappy this weekend, I'll dig out my pots and prep them for planting. I haven't decided what will go in them--probably whatever Costco has. I've been happy with the things I've bought from them the last few years, but it's hit or miss as to when and what I get. And if I plant stuff anytime soon, I'll be dragging the pots in and out of the garage until the frost danger is past. I usually wait until Mother's Day but this year I'm feeling like I want to get started early.

Our downstairs glass has been replaced, the BS letter to the architectural committee has been sent--we have to get "permission" to add motion detector lights and security gates on our sliding doors and front door--and the alarm system is up and running. I don't think there's much more we can do. If this doesn't keep my yarn stash safe, nothing will.

Please cross your fingers for me, that this Friday night is bland and boring, and has nothing more stressful than the crapload of laundry I need to fold. If you want to come over and help me, I'll provide the wine and Cheez-It. Have a fabulous weekend, everybody!

8 comments:

  1. Here's to a boring weekend!

    And now I'm off to deal with my jealousy over your new needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hear hear to a boring weekend of laundry, snacks, and safety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock Island is astoundingly gorgeous, I can't wait to see yours. I'm sure the stiletto needles will make it just fly by. I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, ... Oh never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, with the two of us doing laundry on a Friday night it doesn't get much more boring than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have come if you'd included that plastic spray-cheese stuff. The signature needles are divine - I'm so glad that we are sharing yet ANOTHER addiction.
    And your lace edge is x-rated gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that lace is gorgeous! Lavender is so illusive to me. It needs sun, but apparently too much sun kills it. I keep trying to grow it but it never makes it no matter what I do.

    Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My rock island is still sitting in a pile waiting to be cast on....but yours looks soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...