Sunday, April 3, 2011

With Apologies to Dr. Seuss and Eskimimi

The topic for the last day of the 2nd Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week:
Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.



Ode to the 2nd Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week


I have knitted in a car.
I have knitted in a bar.
Trains have seen knitting. Airplanes, too.
But mostly it's home--how about you?

Eggs and ham with yarn, you say?
Why not, say I. Stains wash away.

Will I knit with wine or beer?
Yes, oh yes! Let's pour some cheer!

I don't need quiet when I knit.
But not while counting--I have a fit!

I'll knit alone or with a friend.
My right to knit, I will defend!
I'm creating, I'm not ignoring.
Give me a break! At least I'm not snoring.

Let's knit a sweater!
Let's knit some socks!
Let's knit in a tree house!
Let's knit in a box!

Knitting, knitting, everywhere.
People are staring, but I don't care.
With millions on Ravelry and more to be had,
It's the non-crafters out there who should feel sad!

I do so love knitting and crochet.
So thank you, LYS's, thank you I say!
And thank you Eskimimi, for all that you do.
Can't wait for next year. How about you?

Love,
JelliDonut

13 comments:

  1. Your so creative! I wish poetry came to me that easily, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the haiku from Friday has gone to your head! I bow before your poetic awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love this so much! Perfect ending for blog week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved your snappy poem!! IT was great fun as was the blog week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!!
    Let's knit a sweater!
    Let's knit some socks!
    Let's knit in a tree house!
    Let's knit in a box!

    Great stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inventive answer and super creative! A great way to end this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic finale to the week. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!!
    I thought your haiku was great but this one is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too clever! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...