Monday, March 15, 2010

The BMFA Phoebe the Hummingbird series was my idea, sort of...

Show of hands--who else spent the entire weekend here? No thanks to the Yarn Harlot, the pumpkin hat pattern is thisclose to being finished. I'm just waiting on some photos from the rent-a-baby model. I spent the rest of the weekend glued to my laptop, waiting for hummingbird eggs to hatch. THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. I kid you not. And apparently, so did a lot of other knitters. We pretty much took over the chat at the hummingbird cam last night, which was rather cool. Knitters, represent!

I follow the Yarn Harlot, and her partner in crime, Depraved Dyer, on Twitter. (I love Twitter, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.) So a few days ago, YH and Dyer mention the hummingbird cam and the site goes from a few hundred viewers to a few thousand--I am seriously not kidding. I'm pretty sure the Harlot and the Dyer are in cahoots together, because last night they were tweeting back and forth about Phoebe the Hummingbird, and the next thing I know I'm tweeting Dyer telling her she needs to do a Phoebe series colorway, and I swear on my stash, she said yes! I'm not claiming I gave her the idea, but you heard it here first people. There is going to be a Blue Moon Fiber Arts Phoebe Series colorway. I got the word from Tina herself, and permission to blog about it, so I can kinda sorta take credit. That's only fair, since I'm now sucked into buying the whole series when it comes out. Tina and Stephanie, you are evil!

Those darn eggs better hatch soon, or my cat is going to have to learn how to use the toilet. Sorry, Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...