Monday, April 19, 2010

It's O.K. I'll just breath through my third eye.


Looks like spring is finally here, and none too soon. I was getting just a little sick of seeing nothing but white and brown landscape, so sick of it I ripped back a brown shawl and recast it in a nice turquoise colorway. I used the same colorway for a pair of socks I started yesterday, when I got jacked up on Albuterol and couldn't sleep.

Side Effects of Albuterol - for the Consumer

Albuterol

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Albuterol:
Dizziness; headache; nausea; nervousness; sinus inflammation; sore or dry throat; tremor; trouble sleeping; vomiting.

Notice how it doesn't say anything about not picking a stitch pattern written for flat knitting and turning it into a sock leg without KNITTING A SWATCH FIRST. Yeah. In my non-breathing, sleep-deprived state, I tinked about a dozen times, wrote and rewrote the pattern, thought about ripping the entire thing but left it because I was too exhausted to rewind the yarn, then went to bed. Fun stuff!

The Knit Fairy must have paid me a visit during the night, because when I staggered out of bed this morning I took a look at the sock embryos and guess what--they don't suck. Or at least, I don't hate them the way I did when I went to bed, so I'm going to continue on and see what happens. I need a pair of finished socks by the last day of the month so I'll let these hatch and see if they turn out to be swans or ugly ducklings. I have another sock pattern I'm dying to knit, but my brain is in a pollen-induced haze so I'll leave them until I'm feeling a bit more competent. I hope the yarn doesn't rot while I'm waiting for that to happen.


I'll give you the details of this sock pattern tomorrow because I have already come so close to losing this entry so many times, I can't even tell you. I keep getting really weird formatting and error messages about how the post can't be saved because Blogger knows I'm out of my mind. If this post is in Swedish and upside down, I'll fix it later. I think I'd better lay off the albuterol for now and switch to caffeine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...