Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yarn Harlot freaks me out. Again!


Here's a linky, if you haven't read her post from yesterday.

I started this shawl sometime ago. It's Rosemary Hill's Brandywine Shawl. I love it--the geometric nature of the thing really speaks to me, and proceeds from the sale of the pattern go toward a good cause. And I love the yarn--Araucania Ranco Multy. I made a major mistake and was going to rip back then continue on, but for a reason I couldn't put my finger on, I let it ferment in my knitting bag. When I read the Harlot's post yesterday, I had one of those aha! moments, like when you figure out why that tam you're knitting looks like a toilet seat cover--wrong gauge. You can guess why I know this.

It's just is not the time for me to knit with brown yarn, even a brown yarn I really like. I'm simply not feeling the brown right now, so I'm going to frog this Brandywine and start over with some Blue Moon medium weight turquoise I have in my stash. I also have this same colorway in the light weight, but that one is destined for socks. No, I won't wear the shawl AND the socks together. Heidi Klum scares the crap out of me and I don't want her bitch-slapping me for being too matchy-matchy. You can't hide from Heidi. Don't even try.

I'll leave you with a little sign that maybe, just maybe, spring is coming to Denver. It's the clematis by my front door. Every year my family is sure the winter has killed it, but every year it comes back, bigger and prettier.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! I'm excited to see the turquoise Brandywine. :D

    ReplyDelete

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...