Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Let's try this one last time

It's our last day in London, Ontario. I haven't done nearly all the things I'd like to have done and there are a couple of people I would love to have met, but these wacky Canadians have kept us under their evil spells with lots of food, drink, and gifts. It's been a really nice conference but I'm going to have to buy another suitcase to bring back the haul.

For my yarny friends, here's what you've been waiting for:


It's not a huge stash enhancement, but I did get some lovely stuff--Manos silk blend, some yummy Lang sock yarn, a pattern, and some "Made with love by Grandma" labels. I'm happy. Here's a photo of the shop where I purchased these goodies, London Yarns:



It's not a huge shop, but there was a nice selection and a friendly staff.

The damn wifi is finally moving at something more than glacial speed. We leave tomorrow, so it figures. I'll leave you with a few shots of my completed Celaeno shawl.


8 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your time up in Canada eh? Heee! Sucks about the Internet slowness and I hope you got to Mary Maxim. I honestly lose HOURS in that place. I'm sure there's a rip in the time space continuum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is beautiful. I love the little bit of sparkle.

    Glad you had time to do some stash enhancement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is gorgeous! Love your yarn buys too. I have knitted with the Manos Silk blend before, and I love it! Have a great trip home! It's cooling off here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Manos Silk Blend on a trip earlier this year, too. The LYS owner where I bought it in Pennsylvania very cheerfully sold me the 2 purple skeins she had set aside to finish her Clapotis -- she was so bored with the Clapotis, she was delighted to have an excuse not to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shawl... love love love that golden color!
    Manos silk blend is one of my fave yarns.

    Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a huge stash enhancement? Silly you. Don't you know it's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors in the shawl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you made it out to one of the great yarn stores! No Philosophy yarn? I swear I am driving up to that farm one day!
    Happy to hear you enjoyed the trip!

    ReplyDelete

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...