Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I ♥ Rick Bayless

I've been on a cooking jag lately, so the last couple of nights when I didn't cook, the family was a bit miffed. Pretty sure they got over it when they tasted the salsa I put on the counter for them as I left for some nighttime tennis. This particular variety is a "seasonal" thing--chipotle pumpkin. OMG. This stuff is so freaking good, it's worth the $3.99 price tag. I actually had it for dinner last night, along with some sweet potato tortilla chips. I bought it at Whole Foods, but there wasn't much left after I stocked up. How many did I buy? Let's just say I'm ready to party with a couple of hundred of my closest friends. Or just Rick Bayless. Alone, just the two of us. Ahem.

There's been knitting on the home front, even if there wasn't much cooking. The Ribby Cardi is progressing nicely. Not sure why I let it marinate so long. It's a fun knit, nothing difficult but not boring either. I've already finished the sleeves and have just a wee bit more for both fronts, which I'm doing TAAT of course. I like to leave the back for last. For some reason, it makes it seem like the sweater goes faster if I'm left with just one piece at the end. Anybody else do this?

Last but not least, if you didn't vote in yesterday's elections, NO SOUP FOR YOU. Yes, all the negative attack ads were a monumental PITA and very demoralizing at times, but our governor-elect managed to run his entire campaign without them, and he won by a decisive margin. It doesn't have to be sleazy, folks. Just sayin'...

10 comments:

  1. Hey, if Rick Bayless is there, I would like to be invited, too! That's not fair.
    And, sorry, not allowed to vote, just a legal alien (soup, please). Yes, the negative attack ads were terrible. I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get Rick Bayless to come, I'll fly down, and party with you, too. We'll let him cook, chow down, and knit...
    Hell, if he cooked for me i'd knit him a pair of socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling daughter raves about Whole Foods - wish we had one around here! She and I are on a new kick - gluten-free cake. God help us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, the reports of salsa make me very very hungry. I *do* love a good salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rick Bayless? I had to google him. Now I have to try some of his recipes! I love Mexican food.
    I also knit both sleeves at the same time but I do start with the back. It seems to take the longest. And when I'm done with the back, everything else goes quickly. (then I just have the problem of sewing it all together, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TAAT sleeves. Cool - that must go on my list of things I want to learn. I am going to go check out this cardigan too, and I've got to go get some of that salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I want that salsa!
    Haven't knit a sweater since March 2009, I think it's time to knit one again.

    I've got to check out that Rick Bayless :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea who Rick Bayliss is but if he makes chipotle pumpkin salsa I want to marry him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, check him out: http://bit.ly/a882wE

    Pretty sure he's already married, but if he's not I've got first dibs. I think he's hotter than his salsa--yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wear sweaters but don't knit them ... and knit shawls but don't (often) wear them... Must make changes, hmmm?

    ReplyDelete

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...