Thursday, November 18, 2010

War and Peace, JelliDonut-style

I'm not into writing long blog posts. Unless you're one of "the names," your missive will just get a dismissive once-over, and all the blood, sweat and tears will be wasted. Not that I'd blame you--if I can barely find the time to write a blog post, why the hell would I expect you to have the time to read War and Peace à la JelliDonut? To that end, here's the Reader's Digest version of why I've been a little scarce in these parts lately.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry."

"I'll never get into college, and I'll never be a doctor, and I'll end up homeless and a failure!"

"We can get you in next month."

"You ARE going to chaperon, aren't you?"

But wait! There's more!

I've been knitting. And I've actually FINISHED things, many things, specifically, many hats. ('Many' being a relative term, I expect those of you who knit in their sleep not to laugh. You know who you are and I know where you live.)



What am I going to do with all these hats? Stay tuned...

12 comments:

  1. The hats are very cute! You've really been cranking them out! The sideways cables definitely make them stand out.

    Good luck with the Other Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I'm not laughing... but I have been known to try and do some knitting designing in my sleep, lol)

    Love the hats! Especially the ones with green tops.

    I hope the other stuff works out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness. That sounds frustrating.

    But the hats look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy. what to do with so little info. Worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think hat can save the world. one hat at a time.

    for certain, knit hats have helps save me. Glad to see, what ever else is going on, you are doing your part to save the world (or maybe just your self)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When things get scary, we need to control what we CAN control... if that means making eleventy billion baby sprout hats, go for it. Please try to take good care of yourself while you're taking care of everyone else. War, peace, anxiety -- no matter what, you've got friends, even the ones who are far away & haven't met you in person -- and we are sending you good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my golly!!! VEGGIE HATS!!! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan - Great meeting you today. I look forward to learning more about knitting - I know nothing!!! And, I already like your wit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all those hats! What pattern did you use for the hats with the ear flaps? I really want to make some hats with ear flaps. I want to make about a jillion things right now. My eyes are way way bigger than my hmmm not sure how to turn that into a knitting metaphor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh - hope things are ok!
    Lovely hats! I think you are the one knitting in your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those little hats in the bottom photo. LOVE them. It was so nice to meet you yesterday. Great lunch. I look forward for us all to get together again. I'm subscribing to your blog. Look forward to reading about your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope things start getting better soon.Sending good thoughts your way.

    I love how perky the leaves are on the veggie hats.

    ReplyDelete

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...