Tuesday, March 16, 2010

If you don't know me by now...

We're getting ready for our spring break vacation, a short Caribbean cruise at the end of March. It will probably be our last spring break together as a family, because next year DD will be at Disney World with her high school marching band. I won't be a chaperon for that trip. I already did my time in that particular hell a couple of years ago, when the band went to Disneyland. Trust me--the Happiest Place on Earth isn't so happy when you're babysitting a bunch of teenagers, and you haven't had enough sleep and, oh by the way, chaperons aren't allowed to consume alcohol DURING THE ENTIRE TRIP, not even a glass of wine at dinner or a little something from the mini bar in our hotel room at night. Martha Stewart had it better in prison. I'm not dumb enough to spend another week making sure a bunch of hormone-crazed kids stay out of each other's rooms. I can do that here at home, with all the wine I want.

This year we plan to relax and spend some quality time together, before DD and all our money go off to college. DH and I were discussing which books we would take on the cruise, when out of the blue he says, "It's too bad you can't read and knit at the same time." Seriously? Did you not just witness me knitting, writing out a pattern, watching the hummingbird cam on my laptop and a tennis match on the television, simultaneously? I'm the knitting mother of a teenage girl, with a dog that needs walking, a cat with a litter box, and a blog. I'm a bad ass with circulars and I do it two-at-time, sock-wise. Knit and read at the same time? Uh, no. But I'm working on it.


Extra points if you can name this book

1 comment:

  1. Have a fun getaway! Is your book one of the Yarn Harlot's? I only have one, and I haven't looked at it in a while but I think it could be, lol ;)

    I can only knit and read if the knitting is plain...which I have a top down stockinette cardigan at it's body that is the perfect project :) My hubby thinks it's a shame that I can't knit and read AND converse with him at the same time, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

A few people seem to be having problems leaving comments. I have no clue why--Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure these things out. If you are having issues, you can always email me. Thanks for commenting, or trying to...